Saturday, December 25, 2010

o the words i wish i had.

This holiday has been quite different then the ones of the past for me. I remained in Graceville for this break and did not go home for Christmas. Though some may pity me for this, or feel bad for me, they really shouldnt. Yes, i miss my family and friends in Virginia and it would have been great to see them, especially since one is leaving the country for 4 months hear soon. But i am very grateful for the time i have had here this break. Most of it has been void of human contact, but not in the least void of fellowship with the Lord.
I feel blessed for this time with my savior. I usually try to not ponder too much, i rarely have time for it. I rarely have time to sit and open my mind and heart fully without interuption to the molding of the Holy Spirit, but this break i have had nothing but time!
It has been an adventure, a little honeymoon with my Savior. Though i am realizing how difficult it is to open my heart and mind to his mending, He is showing me more and more the necessity of it. With the challenge ahead for me leading my dorm this Spring, this time with the Lord was very necessary.
The molding has just begun. Through scripture, music, books, service and moments of solitude, i am learning more and more about my savior, my need of Him, the Joy He provides and of how unfathomable it is that such a mighty and soveriegn God would love an undeserving woman like me.

Please pray for me ya'll. pray that i would not push Him away, but instead to drop my independent selfish spirit and become solely dependent on Him, Please pray for me to be broken and pieced together again :)

Merry Christmas Yall! and thank you Adam's and Hendrix Family for welcoming me as part of your family today as we celebrated our Savior's birth! I am blessed to have you in my life!

No comments:

Blog Archive

new layout