Saturday, January 17, 2009

Road trip concluded...

I left stafford around 4:30pm. and after turning around to retrieve things i forgot for the 3rd time i was finally on my way.
by the time i had crossed the North Carolina/Virginia border i had listened to 5 Cd and had drank an energy drink and my voice was gone from singing. i chatted with Kristen and Jason and Tracee and some friends from school on the phone. they all helped keep me awake.
As i crossed the South Carolina/North Carolina border i could see the completly lit up South of the Border signs and such and it brought back fond memories, i was begining to get a lil tired and had listened to some more cd's and decided to phone a friend to chat, so i called Michelle and chatted with her for an hour and she did a great job of keeping me awake.
As i crossed the South Carolina/ Georgia border i was beginning to be overcome with fatigue and decided to call my friend from school and chat then i called kristen and chatted as i tried to find a place to stop and rest. i got off at Savannah Georgia and pulled into a well lit hotel parking lot and locked the doors and curled up and slept from 1:30-3:30 am.
i awoke and headed on my way to my friends house where i would beable to sleep some more. the miles were beginning to seem longer then they should have. and i drank another energy drink and a bottle of water. i arrived at my friends house at 6am and slept there till about 9:30am and then woke up and headed out on my way to school. i stopped in Tally to enjoy some Chickfila, and sadly all of my tally friends decided to escape this weekend so i ate alone and then headed back out.
i promise you that the entire time i was driving i did not speed, i used cruise control and just enjoyed the ride. then i got to Cottondale where apparently the speed limit is 35mph and i was going 51 not realizing it. (this is 20 minutes from my school by the way...) and a cop pulled me over. and i got a ticket. I never saw a speed limit sign and i should have realized that i was on a town road, but im used to route one which is 45mph, and well... the cop gave me some options of taking care of it. i dont think it will get marks on my record. so this whole thing is not fun, but it was the only thing that went wrong on the trip and now that ive spilled the deal on here, and its off my shoulder i am going to move on. i just find it ironinc that in my what turned out to be a 16hour dr, i didnt speed the ENTIRE way untill the last 20 MINUTES of it and yet it was in that 20 minutes that i got caught. which bites. and im done discusing it. i havent had a ticket in like 2 years, i use cruise control now! URG!!!
cant wait to hear my dads reaction... if he says anything to yall...just ignore please, he will be mad and probably shake his head and curse under his breath and fun stuff like that......and probably say somthing wierd....i dont like his guilt trips...they are not fun!

all in all it went smoothly but im exhausted and unable to fall asleep. but the car did great and i love it and life is good.

1 comment:

The Clifton Family said...

Glad you made it back safely! It was great seeing you while you were home.

Blog Archive

new layout