Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting Healthy

life is crazy i love it!
i have a nightly routine that i have begun...
I go to work at 4, im off at 7:30ish, then i go work out.
me and a few friends have gotten together on this.
we begin by stretching, then we do lunges down our super long hall.
after the lunges we speed walk for a bit. then we jog and set goals, like make it to that lamp post or that tree. and we alternate the jog and walk. the first day was slightly dificult, i didnt push myself too much, the second time i pushed my self alot and also learned that if you dont breath right then you can get a stitchish pain in your side and it hurts... third time i was in so much pain that i jogged very little but i walked most of the time, (my legs were like jello from the other days...) the fourth day was wednesday (first was last friday and i didnt really do anything over the weekend) and i jogged a bit but kept it an even jog/walk pace. thursday, i was able to jog longer then i had been able to the other days and i was super excited! today, i was alone, and it was dark, and i didnt push my self too much on the jog, it was about half and half.
after we jog we go to the GYM and work on weights and abs, it took me til yesterday to get a sorta set way of what weight things i wanted to do, and added some ab stuff, like the bridge, which i defenitely felt all day today....
yeah, it has been awesome, as much as the pain is painful, i kinda like it, because ive realized that endorphines make me really happy and i just like how working out makes me feel, healthy and good and yeah its great.
it was really funny though, it was my idea to do lunges down the hall so the next day, we were all in pain, and my friend was like, "today i dont like you very much because it hurts to sit down" i was like "its not me you dont like, its the lunges, feel the burn!!!!"
working out outside is MUCH different then inside and i like the difference, even though it has been slightly chilly lately, i still prefer it to going to the GYM to just jog or walk on a treadmill. besides the crisp air feels good when you start to sweat.
i love it!!!

1 comment:

A Daily Dose of Grace said...

That's awesome, Becky! Don't forget to throw some resting days in there too!

Blog Archive

new layout