Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back! also the story of the day....

yep i did not get anything blog related for a week. it was tough, and the moment i realized that it was tough was when i realized that that isnt good....i was addicted to blogging! no bueno. from now on i will not get on as much as before, i am limiting myself.

Today though, there is a story to be told of my day...

i put on my tennis shoes, this adventure was in need of tennis shoes, not flipflops, and grabbed a bottle of water, proof of identity, a pen, and some sunglasses and then set out on my hunt for a job.
i decided to do this strategically first, i would go from the closest store to the farthest searching EVERYTHING!!! i went to a hospital, a nursing home(i found myself in the ghetto after this one, that was fun, i was kinda scared cause i was on drug dealer lane...amen for broad daylight though!!), 2 furniature stores, a drug store, 4 restraunts, the piggly wiggly, a dry cleaners, family dollar and the dollar general, and each of the 8 stores that are in the lil graceville outlett mall, and a gas station and a few little random shops. each time i walked out disappointed and discouraged. the two perspective job locations were, "cooks discount drugs" and a lil appiance store in the outlet mall. the appliance store hours are not compatible with my school scedule and the discount drug store closes too early aka is not compatible with my school schedule.
thats the only part about living in a small town, everything closes early, and what doesnt close early already has too many people working at it, and the majority of the stores and such are so low on business that they cant afford to have more then like 3 workers.
i walked around in the florida heat wearing long bluejeans(legs were not shaved and its not good to wear shorts when looking for a job), sneakers, and a longsleeve shirt(it was the nicest shirt that i would be comfortable goin to a possible job interview in and then still be able to walk long ways in)
i was ok when i was told for the 10th time that there were no job openings, but at 15 i started to break down and get really discouraged. i had been out for 2 hours already. then when the 25th and last time came i just about broke down in tears, after all, i had seriously gone EVERYWHERE in walking/biking distance and hadnt found anything.
but God sent a Guardian Angel. i say that because i really feel as if she was. i was about 3 miles from the school and had just left the last possible place, i was not looking forward to that 3 miles because i felt like a failure and did not want to have to walk and then have to think about being a failure all three miles, when someone pulled up in front of me on the side of the road and waved for me to come to the car. as i approached the car i recognized the driver. it was the kind Christian lady that i had met at the DryCleaners an hour and a half earlier, she hadnt been able to offer me a job but when she waved me over on the side of the road, she offered me a ride backto the school. i had been about to cry and then felt truly touched by the kindness of the woman. as she drove me back she shared with me that since i had left the cleaners she had been thinking about me and had spoken with her friend who works at "the circle grill" which is a lil restraunt in town (that had turned me down earlier) and she said that her friend was going to see what he could do to help me out.
I just lived the story of the Good Samaritan, i have heard that story in so many sermons lately, in chapel yesterday and a few podcasts recently. I am very grateful for this good samaritan that helped me out today.
all in all, i didnt actually find a job today, but tomorrow i am going to the "circle grill" to see a man about a job! hopefully i get it. and its not too bad of a walk, i gotta see if i can find a shorter route though....

No comments:

Blog Archive

new layout