Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Joy

"Life may push my heart to the limit, But i wont let go of the Joy in my soul. Everything can change in a minute, and the world may try, but they're never gonna steal my Joy"

As i listened to that song last week, i realized that I had let the world steal my joy for a time. I had let my Joy in the Lord fade since coming back from camp. I can not pinpoint when it began, but slowly it had just kinda disappeared. it became a task for me to smile. how RIDICULOUS is that!!! I am a person that operates on Joy. that functions on Joy.

Think about it for a sec:

When you dont have the Joy of the Lord in your heart, in your life, in your soul, then everything about you and around you takes this pessimistic turn. Lacking Joy negatively affects everything in your life. It effects your attitude with people therefore effecting your witness. It effects your relationship with God which affects your attitude at work, with school work, with everything.

I wanted my Joy back so much because as i took a look at my life, i didnt like what i was seeing. i was beginning to focus way too much on me and my problems and my issues. NO BUENO!!!

Its definitely a process restoring joy, but i love it, I gave this all over to the Lord and He has truly been showing me so much its great! The joy of the Lord is the source of strength. I dont know if that is scripture. it may just be from 1st Opinions chapter 2 or something but i know for me, my source of strength is the Joy of the Lord.

No comments:

new layout