Saturday, October 10, 2009

Africa Trip Update

I am sending out my support letters on Monday.
The Big thing is Prayer!! Please join me in Praying for this trip!
  • Airfare is the big thing, airfare goes up everday and the cheapest so far is $2330. I know the Lord will provide, but I still ask that you would pray for this. The sooner i can purchase the ticket the better.
  • Yellow Fever shot: Because my dad is retired military, i am able to receive free shots from the base clinics. This is great considering how expensive the shots are. I need the Yellow Fever shot to be able to go to Africa. Ft. Rucker is the nearest base. Because of the high demand and short supply of this shot, they give (for obvious reasons) active duty military first priority with the shots and they only offer the shot for every five people who sign up. so basically, the only way i could get the shot is if 4 active duty sign up for the shot and they have the extra spot, which i will gladly fill! So, please pray that this will be able to happen. I have to take the shot no later then 2 weeks before i leave for Africa.
  • And on the subject of shots, I am going on Tuesday to get my Tetanus and the first of 3 Hep A/B shots, please pray that they dont make me sick as I have to work that night.
Some other prayer concerns:
· Please pray for the financial support of this trip.
· The Lord would be glorified in every aspect of this trip.
· For the children and families we will come in contact with, that they would come to desire a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
· For our team as we prepare our hearts, so we may be effective vessels for the Lord. We must be decrease so that He can INCREASE!
· For safety while in Africa, both health and in all ways.
· For our team as we have to receive shots and raise funds, The Lord is our Provider and we pray this with confidence that He will provide everything we need.

No comments:

new layout