Friday, October 30, 2009

Battery: Recharged

After all the crazy of Wednesday came the crazy of thursday, getting all my work from my teachers and packing along with the normal amount of crazy for a Thursday (classes, work, Prayer group). Thursday ended well in the company of my friends, just chatting and enjoying the night.
Friday came and it was off early in the AM to head to the airport. which was like 4 hours away in Jacksonville. Matt and Phillip drove me there in record time! Thanks guys!
i chilled in the airport waitin for the flight. anxious as ever! I couldnt believe i was going home! it had been January when i pulled out of Stafford last and I couldnt believe that i was going HOME! It was bitter sweet, bitter because of why i was going home, Sweet because it was such a blessing to see everyone and be home for a bit.
The week has definitely flown by.
My parents were surprised, everyone was surprised! Thanks again Pelt Family for keeping the secret and pickin me up at the Airport.
Heres just a lil rundown of the week.
  • Friday: Arrived at Reagan National. Pelts picked me up, headed for a bite o dinner on the way home. Got home, mom was the only one there. chilled with her for a bit then mom and i went over to say hello to Ms Cynthia, saw Amie there too. Went to see Zach at the Firehouse. then came home and my dad arrived shortly after that.
  • Saturday: Renewed Driver License. visited with the Steiners. got sushi!! chilled at home with dad. Zach came by for a bit too.
  • Sunday: SURPRISE to STAFFORD BAPTIST!!! It was so AMAZING to be able to go to church. to see everyone. i am so blessed to have been able to see yall. went out to Lunch with my dad and then to Quantico for some good ole comissary grocery shopping. and to top it off, i got to go to the CWAC shindig and saw EVERYONE else i hadnt seen at stafford (pillar ppl). got to hold baby MoMo. AHHH i loved it! Major Awesomeness, let me tell you, nothing is as special and tugs the heart more then when 8 kids crowd around your car as you arrive adn then ATTACK you with smiles and hugs as soon as you get out of the car. I missed all of them so stinkin much!
  • Monday: homework at the church. lunch with Moma Cynthia in Quantico, got to see Mr. Brown, missed Carrie and the kids :( . Dinner with Moma Cynthia, Brittany :), Phillip and Elisabeth! Good times! Elisabeth, it was SOO awesome to FINALLY meet you!! You are such a sweet person, Phillip is very Lucky!
  • Tuesday: Crazy day! off to quantico i went, i had officially avoided the doctor long enough, hadnt been in years, had to have a physical to get the doc to sign off on the Yellow Fever shot. def. not planning on replaying that anytime soon. then got my first Conflict-Free Chocolate bar, lasted the week too! it was good. tried to clean some in the house, cleaned my bro's room. it was A MESS! made dinner for my dad. Off to TENFOLD! I love my tenfold ppl! God has really been blessing that ministry. so awesome to come back just a year later and see how much has happened!
  • Wednesday: Off to Quantico again! yep thats four times in one week, and the week wasnt over! Had to get blood work cause of my kidney stones a couple years back. then went to lunch with Elleen while waiting to be able to get my Yellow Fever shot. Def got some sushi!! i have definitely stocked up on my sushi intake this week! After lunch it was back to Quantico. YELLOW FEVER SHOT time!!! Thanks for praying for me on that, GOD SHOWED UP!!! YEY!!! went home, raked the front yard. went to church. off to wings to go with Brittany, Bobby, Ben, and Peter Danaher. good times. then went to babysit, baby slept the WHOLE time! so i didnt do much but tried to do some homework. tried to leave there at 1am but got stuck in thier front yard. spent the next 45 minutes pushing me out. their yard got a little messed up(sorry Ms. Sue...). as i was spraying off the clumped on mudd from my car my dad came out (agian, its 1:45am). that was fun
  • Thursday. No Quantico today. chilled at the house. Justin came into town, went out to lunch with him and Bobby and Ben at good ole Pancho Villa. let me just say, i find it comical that at home, i hang out with guys and not many girls, and its the complete opposite at school. granted, all the girls from home that i do hang out with normally are off at school... after Grack dropped me off at home i sprayed off the driveway from the mudd clumps that accumulated after i had sprayed off the car. then raked the leaves again and bagged all of them. just want to say, the yard is COVERED again! we have so many trees in our yard! after i raked, i made dinner for my dad, got ready and headed off to ECHO, the first time having it at the Coffee Shop. was also my first time there. It was great! and great conversation with moma Cynthia.
  • Friday. Got up, dropped mom off at a school she was nurse subbing for. went to Quantico, i believe that makes the final tally 6 time in quantico, picked up the copy of my records so i can get a doctor down at Ft. Rucker. Stopped by the Marks house to drop off a movie and got to chat with Moma and Papa Marks. ive missed them too, it is so good to have Papa Marks home! then, change of plans, stopped by the Library to get books for a paper i have to write. off to get lunch at the house and head out to get my mom from work. read some in the parking lot waitin for her then after taking lucky on a walk i dropped mom off at Eagles Nest Trading Post, where she gets to be crafty and make stuff. off to The Pelts for dinner and a tour of the new house! both of which were phenominal. i love my time with the Pelts. Goodbyes are no fun.

It AMAZES me so much all the time how awesome the Lord is that even in a time of Loss, He grants peace the surpasses all understanding and how he has abundantly blessed me this week. Im returning to Florida tomorrow night after i go to the Memorial service with my dad for my aunt. This week has been so refreshing. Now i wait to see my brother one last time and i have some homework to finish before i return to school. As refreshing as this week was, i think im just about ready to go back to school. May the Chaos of Life continue!

No comments:

new layout