Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My first Dnow

well, technically it wasnt my first D-Now. but it was the first one ive worked at.
It was in St Augustine Florida! (such a beautiful place!!)
I had the 6th grade girls. It was good, i enjoyed it. definitly think that God really stretched me through it because i had to lay alot of insecurities aside, have much patience, and rely on Him to give me discernment and wisdom in handleing certain situations. Contrary to popular belief, i would be up to it again.
it was really awesome how all the churches youth ministries in st augustine got together and did a joint D-Now Rally. the theme was School House Rock, so not only were all the churches involved in the Rally's but they also did a service project at all the schools in St. Augustine. such as layin mulch, picking up trash, vacuming, painting, whatever needed to be done.
The Host home families were awesome. so kind, polite, loving. they really cared about the students! Really cared and prayed for the students the entire weekend.
The Youth pastor and his wife reminded me of Colby and Annie, and the entire experience of the weekend reminded me of SBC. I miss you my dear youth group and wish that i had been more involved and active in outreach when i was there. But its not too late for yall! Get all them friends of yours to church! spread some Jesus Love round good ole Stafford!
The weekend closed out on sunday. my original plan was to leave after church Sunday, but two things prolonged that, 1) I was exhausted and definitly not able to make a 4 hour drive alone, 2) my girls had been beggin me to come back to the evening service to hear them sing in their chior. so i stayed til monday. and got a full blown tour of Down Town St Augustine Sunday night. It was GORGEOUS!!! and i love the fort. Google it! its gorgeous! and the night was made 100% better because of the wonderful peeps i was with, (two of my BCF friends and a goof ball).
Now im back in Graceville. the last of the others that were here is leaving in 2 hours. which will mean im all alone. it will be crazy.

No comments:

new layout