Tuesday, November 17, 2009

lil update on life

1. trying to plan a fundraiser or two real quick. i am trying to see if i can set up a table outside of Khols or some other store on black Friday, have a bake sale or something. dilema, noone will be here to help...and i dont know if i can do it by myself... im sure i could. i just am realizing how much i so appreciate the awesome support from my church family, its hard to plan from a dorm room, a fundraiser that will work in a short amount of time. especially with the limits set that we cant have on campus fundraisers for non school mission trips.

2. Looks like my roomie is taking a semester off next semester to really seek the Lord for His direction in choosing a major. Im really going to miss her. Im really happy for her though, im encouraged daily by her walk with the Lord and how i can see her growing closer to Him, but im super selfish and dont want to loose an awesome roommate and even better friend. Im praying that if God gives me another roomate, that they will be sane and that we will get along. Kinda also diggin the idea of not having a roommate, i just dont know if they would place someone in here or if they even need too...

3. Ive had an amazing weekend. God is so amazing and faithful. i wish i could go into detail but i cant, just know that divine appointments are amazing and that im really excited about where the Lord has me right now. He is the light of my life, and i hope that it is evident that He is shining in me through everything i do say and think. He is really showing me how He has brought me through what He has for a reason and its like, wow, "I went through that because this moment was going to happen". I like that. its refreshing!

4. alot of changes are happening. like school getting out soon for thanksgiving break and its all quite crazy. im excited for what is going on.

5. The Challenge with momma shaw is still on, and ive lost 4 pounds so far! im so excited. im only 6 pounds from my first mini goal. God has been so faithful in this quest for good health!

6. its tea season and im so excited!!! (AKA, hot cup of tea at night to calm the system is amazing!!!)

7. im determined to make it to ten things, this will be the new norm, the top ten of Updates from Becky's Life.

8. I just downloaded "Desiring God" by John Piper, FREE from ChristianAudio.com its the book of the month! Thanks Colby, i got "crazy love" back in August and have listened to it like 3 times! Im so excited about "Desiring God"! Reading books is something i enjoy, but dont have the time to much anymore, but i can listen to the books when im out walking so its awesome.

9. i was introduced to a new awesome speaker by the name of Paul Washer. youtube him. hes is phenominal! and im so excited becase there is this really awesome conference in April in Louisville, KY. (I know, far away, but i can dream) and there is gonna be some amazing speakers like John Piper and a whole crazy amount of them that will be there. i really really really would like to attend that if i can swing it. we will see, and then there is one in Birmingham December 2010 and its Beth Moore and this other lady, and Pricilla. Pricilla is the lady that our dorm Bible study has been studying with and we have been watching her series called "He Speaks to Me". SO GOOD!!!! we are trying to plan a possible trip to hear them speak.

10. last for the night, Looks like im residing in G-Ville over Thanksgiving Break for sure. Plans with Texas fell through and my car wont make it to south Florida so I can't visit my sis who will be in town, but i think this will be good. i am planning on finishing all the rest of my work for all my classes that is due before finals and study for finals and go on alot of walks and maybe read a book and chill out. Kill some mold in our bathrooms,(My RD is allergic to Bleach so we have to use our time wisely when she is gone or the most will cake, im gonna be fighting some mold, i forsee a victory on my part). It will be good. i know it will.

well, thats the update.

No comments:

new layout