Thursday, November 19, 2009

Heartbeat.

A couple years ago, at a ski retreat with Student Impact actually, The IMB Journeymen were there. they handed out free CDs, posters of maps covered with dots of various colors, and magnets with country names and the words "I WILL GO, I WILL PRAY" and so on. I did not know then that these things would be used by the Lord just about 2 years later to truly speak something of His future plans for me. The CD was a CD of various Christian artists singing songs that were all focused around Missions, both foreign and local. Im not saying that I believe that the Lord is now calling me to pack up my things and go live alone in some other country, but im also not saying He isnt. Im simply saying that for right now, my heart is burdened for the people I will be serving this December.
I just want people to know His love. He has proven Himself faithful through the scriptures and personally. The question is no longer "Why would you want to go?" its "Why wouldn't you want to go?"
Sara Groves had a song on the CD, it was called Esther, I believe my roommate is sick of hearing me play that song. It was inspiring and as i searched for more songs by Sara, i came across one that she wrote after a trip she went on to Rwhanda. It captures what is so in my heart right now. even though ive not seen personally, somehow, i believe i still have and have no doubt that i will soon see first hand in this amazing opportunity coming up in December.

No comments:

new layout