Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Zipline Adventure

I was in search of adventure. Adventure has a way of shaking me to hold on to God and let loose of stress. My adventure search led me to a friends house who so happens to be a genius who had built a zipline in his backyard. he assured me that i would be secure.

It was like walking the green mile as i crossed the yard to go to the ladder.

The Ladder climb was the most scary, oh and the letting go part. i am deathly afraid of heights and just so you know, it was REALLY high up!! I did not look down, i just got up the ladder as fast as i could, got hooked in (aka, i put my hands through some looped ropes and held onto the knots!! HAHAH i know! im crazy for trusting it!)and then let go. the zipline extended from one tree to another and as you get closer to the ground your supposed to semi stop yourself. haha, well, as i was stopping, i sorta tripped over my feet and slid on my knees in an effort to stop, i was going really fast, and one of the other guys had to help me stop completely before running into the tree that was in my path.


It was alot of fun, when i got unhooked, the people around asked how my experience on the zipline was. i believe i said something like "that was the most scary-amazing-crazy-awesome thing ever!" when asked if it was amazing enough to repeat, i just got kinda stone cold and smiled big, still shaking i replied "yes, i would do it again, but not right now" The guy that caught me said "she probably wants to feel her heartbeat again before she tries it again!", and he was so right!



I loved it, this happened 2 sundays ago. it was spectacular. before i went i had gotten so freaked out, it was wierd cause when we had talked about going down the zipline just a few days prior i was ALL for it! so excited and pumped. but in the moment when Liz came in to get me to go, i almost shut down with fear. Then i thought, why should i let fear control me. fear was not gonna keep me from meeting new people. fear was not gonna keep me from having adventures and enjoying life! It was a remarkable experience!

No comments:

new layout