Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thought of the day!

Matt. 6:34
"Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble"

That's Biblical! AMEN!!!
NOT ONLY is that biblical, but its also so amazing, its also straight from the mouth of Jesus Christ.
I was listening to Andy Stanley last night and he made this comment about how he sometimes gets discouraged when after a sermon he finds a note slid under his office door basically stating what someone didn't like that had come STRAIGHT from the bible, and he was saying that the response he would like to give and does give at times to this complaint is this, "i promise i didn't make it up, I wouldn't make that up, i don't like it anymore then you do its just in there. and we think Jesus' word should be taken seriously because HE'S JESUS!!! and to go a step further, He did RISE from the DEAD!!! and so i think we should take him seriously!!!"
Just a bit of sarcasm from Mr. Stanley there.
I reference that for both comical and logical reasons. ya know, even in an encouraging passage like Matt 6:34, we still sometimes don't want to hear it, we still don't want to trust that its all going to be OK, that the step by step, moment by moment way of thinking would actually work. We want to hold onto our problems and not hand them over because we are foolish people. (i say we a lot, i should say I, in BIG BOLD LETTERS!!!) Sometimes i am so arrogant when it comes to my worries. I allow my pride to take control. I don't trust the Lord enough to hand Him 100% of everything. I sometimes don't want to believe that God would really care that much about me that He would actually want me to give him everything and that He would actually want me to not me anxious.
but you know what, HE IS JESUS!!! and HIS word is TRUTH! and as much as my selfish, pitiful self doesn't want to admit it at times, I need Him. and so here you go Lord! My Life is in your hands! Because YOUR JESUS!! and you ROSE FROM THE DEAD!!!
and that, my friends, is AWESOME!!!

No comments:

new layout