Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update

As per request, i shall update yall.
Camp: I leave for camp in two weeks. Even having done the camp deal before, im still nervous because its a completely different deal. With Global, i had been a camper for years, which made switching to staff slightly easier because i knew what it was like to be a camper and i knew people already, there was a history in it. This, Camp Victory, is starting from scratch. i asked one of my fellow staff members what i should expect, her list was very similar to what i would expect to go to camp with global, but now im going to be living with my campers. and they are all in elementary school. which i love, i love lil kids, they are alot of fun, and taking care of everyone's kids back home i hope has prepared me for this. i just, well there is still that little bit of uncertainty. In due time it will work out. i hope to use my time wisely up until then so that i can prepare as much as possible. im excited for this next chapter of my life, Camp Victory, HERE I COME!
RA Deal: After camp is when it begins. the thinking about the summr is overpowering the thinking about the fall. but i do know that its going to be a crazy semester. i have to decide, rather quickly, if i should take less work hours, or if i should try to get another job. i dont even know if there are openings in our coffee shop, but i would like to try to get a job there, it will help me be able to make money and do my homework at the same time. i love my job now, i just dont know if i am going to be able to stick with the schedule i have, right now i have three classes on tuesdays and thursdays, and three on monday and wednesday and two on fridays. plus work, plus RA. it will be jampacked, and that is ok. That will be ok. on crazy semester so that i can finish the general education stuff.
There is alot that happened this past semester in our dorm. my RD approached me last week to "warn" me of what im getting myself into. She said that i would need someone outside of the school to vent to at times and that i need to find my one thing to do for me every week as a way of refreshing. and that there will be times that the best thing for me to do is just get away for a day with my friends to relax. (would scare me off, but it doesnt, maybe i havent fully grasped what im getting into...)
thats about it though for now...

No comments:

new layout