Wednesday, July 7, 2010

my drug of choice

i have an extreme urge to go jogging, alas, it is 10:30pm and im babysitting and ive already been freaked out by movements outside....

earlier this weekend i had one of those moments where i just felt like a blob. just completely off and in a daze...
i want to start new, but at the same time I am tired of starting new, and im reminded of how hard it was to let go of bad habits. habits i had gotten rid of but have slowly crept back in the last few months.
Keeping focused on the goal is key and so that is what i will do.

today, the Lord blessed me with the urge to LIVE! i dont know if i sound ridiculous now, but what i mean by that is that my gloppy feeling that has lingered over me the last week or so just really sickened me today. and i found myself soaking in the sun as if it were my strength. swimming in the Lake with the Garman girls, wishing to just go free and swim around the entire area. and as i road Annie's bike, i was reminded of how amazing it feels to have the wind blowing at your face. I got a taste of what i have missed so much today.
why do i so easily forget these beautiful things in life?
I want to live. i want to "feel the burn" that somehow says i have accomplished something today! i want to soak in the beauty of the world around me that the Lord provided, that He created!
thats the kind of medicine that is good for my soul.

No comments:

new layout