Friday, July 2, 2010

Acountability

this past semester and into this summer, i have had a seriously dead time in my goals of becoming a healthy 20 year old. its been tough to not see myself loosing weight as easily and consistently as i have the past few years since Graduating High school. for the last 3 summers, i have been able to shed about 15-20lbs a summer (40-50ish lbs). this is great! and I'm so excited to be healthier then i was in High school, Mentally, Physically and Spiritually.

but I'm in a slump. I've hit the wall. i haven't gained or lost weight in the last 6months. so while that is good, and while i have accomplished some success, my goal still is not met. I'm not the completely healthy person that God created me to be, or that i desire to be.

I sought out assistance from a dietitian on Base, but in order to see her i have to attend a class, which is offered twice a month and always seems to be when I'm either scheduled with CWAC or doing something else for my internship. so i asked if i could just meet with here privately. i really just want to get a move on this. i want to get started for Pete's SAKE! i have questions, but alas, i cant meet with the dietitian till i go to the class.
while that is on hold for now, i will just have to take matters in my own hands for now. I have set some goals and am going to blog about them for accountability purposes.

this is an ego buster for sure because i am going to admit on here to my weight and to everything about my weight loss journey. this is all i know to do, i figure, if my pride gets me in trouble most of the time, i might as well use it strategically.
I will be transparent. and well, i just ask that if you have any negative comments (excluding some constructive criticism) please keep them to yourself. please understand this is hard for me to do. but i promise to be honest.

Its always been about a lifestyle change for me in my attempt to be a healthier person. diets have never worked for me. I'm a free going person who loses focus alot and diets become a drag and i just usually drop them.

I don't know much about the ins and outs of health food and whats truly good and truly bad for me...thus is why i wanted to talk with the dietitian...so we shall see how this goes. advise is welcome.

The GOALS!!
GOAL Weight-145
GOAL BMI- 24

Strategies:
control portions.
record what i eat.
utilize my-calorie-counter.com
exercise- walk/jog 10 miles a week, or 30-45 minutes a day.
continue drinking a ton of water!!

Starting weight- (i cant believe I'm doing this...) 213 lbs
Starting BMI- 35.4

No comments:

new layout