Friday, July 23, 2010

21st

July 21st was my 21st Birthday! this week has been pretty much centered around it! the Lord has really provided for our family recently, thus making it possible to purchase a few items that were on my "gonna need them pretty soon" list that i would not have otherwise been able to afford.
When I got back from SBCV Studentz Camp on Friday, my dad had called to tell me that he wanted to get me a new laptop for school since mine was on its last leg. So, on Sunday, after church, i met up with him at my parents house and off we went to Best Buy. The laptop is stinkin Awesome! i am truly grateful for this blessing, Dad did not have to do this, and i definitly dont deserve it. But it is so awesome!
After Best Buy we went and test drove a car at the Toyota Dealer in Stafford. Great car, too expensive. next thing i knew we were setting up a time to meet up during the week to go Car shopping!
Tuesday was full! I was surprised by the Ladies at Bible Study with a Surprise bday celebration complete with cupcakes and gifts and amazing people! After that, my dad and i headed to Pohanka Honda where we test drove and purchased a 2001 Honda Civic. Silver. a DEFINITE Gift from God (and my Dad). and I believe that God was looking out for us even more so because the car broke down on the way home from the dealer so the dealer had it towed back and they are fixing it free of charge. these repairs, had they come a month or so from now would have had to be repaired from our pocket so BLESSING that they are going to fix it. (praying that that is truly the only thing needing to be fixed). PTL!
Wednesday, the actual day, i loaded up in my mom's car(AC) with Brittany and Josh, Gabby, and Zach. our plan was to go to Old Rag Mountain in Shenendoah National Forest and hike to the peak. Ive always wanted to do this and i figured for my 21st bday it sounded like a brilliant plan! well, nature didnt think so. we got almost the entire way there and had to turn around because of rain. we proceeded to try to find something else to do. out of bowling, putt putt, funland and chic-fil-a, Chic-fil-a was the only success. so went home and relaxed. watched tv, took naps(we had gotten up at 6 to go hiking so we were tired) and played trouble. Momma Shaw came home and we went out for chinese, (part one of her surprises) after bible study they had cake and sang happy birthday to me. Got the most stinkin hilarious cards from the shaw fam. then it was glorious bedtime!

this was seriously the best birthday ever! my previous 3 bdays were spent working at camps, not a bad thing, but family and friends were not there. i enjoyed being able to celebrate with them. not to mention it was the "golden Bday". and it was my first year in like 10yrs of having a bday party-ish. i felt special and loved by the 2 surprise days! how does one get so lucky!

Thank you Lord, for your blessings this week and for your protection and provision all throughout my life! Thank you for the breath i breathe and the love that you have placed in my life via such awesome family and friends!

No comments:

new layout