Saturday, May 1, 2010

Aboriginal madness!

Semester is winding down here!
only my finals are left on the to-do list. finished a massive awesome paper last week with the help of some amazing people! (I love international calls from people i love!)
what was supposed to be a 12-14 page paper ended up being a 17. but it didnt feel like it took that long to type it. the concept of the paper was awesome and my favorite so far so i would like to tell you about it.
Earlier this semester i had to pick a people group to research and write a paper on. we then had to, for this paper, imagine we are going to live with them and plan out our first year there, how we would become immersed in and learn the Language and Culture. We had to basically have a month by month assesment of our progress. My people group was the Anangu Aboriginal People of Australia. (Think the movie Australia, the little kid and his grandfather).
I think im falling in love with Australia. Ive always wanted to go there, didnt know why. Who knows, maybe someday i will. for now, i will just pray for them. It was awesome to picture myself living amongst them for a year.

No comments:

new layout