Thursday, April 8, 2010

Exciting News!!!

As many of you know, i react to things with extreme emotion most of the time! Sometime loud, well actually, always loud, or at least extremely!
Today, I was prevented from reacting in my normal manner to some really exciting news.
If you didnt know already, I have been praying and waiting and seeking the Lord and working toward being Resident Director of my dorm when my current RD graduates next Fall.
This doesnt come easy, my Geography Professor is actually the head of Student Services and will be my boss if this happens and he typically doesnt hire anyone he doesnt know or like. Ive not really been sure that he knew of me or would consider me for the position even though ive been a part of the Dorm Council in my dorm since my second semester and have been the RA this year and will be for Fall semester. Ive just been trusting the Lord and that He knows whats up and that it will be His will that comes through in the end, all still unsure of where i stand with Professor...
Today, my RD was sitting by me in CHAPEL and decided to slip me a note. She had something to tell me and had to leave early but wanted to tell me, so in comes the note.
this is what it said "Dear Becky Castle, I am pleased and honored to tell you that I have been instructed by Dr. Richards to tell you this thing. You are being highly considered for the position of Resident Director of Napier Hall begining Spring of 2011. He will most likely wait until Fall to approach you. He said this is your time to become familiar with all RD duties and our girls. Congradulations"
I was so shocked and excited and about to burst!!! but i was in CHAPEL!!! so i had to freak out internally for the next 10 minutes!
It was one of those WOW moments, like i have been hoping and praying that he would even consider me, but i wasnt sure if he would or if he would even think i deserve it....
Though its not official yet, im still excited! from now until next Fall im in a testing time. there is much to be looked at in this time. and Im praying andseeking the Lord on a few other matters as well that have to do with work. so without stretching myself too thin, I hope to glorify the Lord in all i do and I pray he shows me what the heck im supposed to do!
God is so good!

No comments:

new layout