Monday, April 12, 2010

Peru Post 1

Here it is, 1:35am, Sunday night/Monday morning... definitely just watched the monkey video on the Garman's blog and am still laughing to myself! never a dull moment with them!
Let me just regain my thoughts here and share with you of whats going on these days...

I have returned from a mission trip to Peru, been back for a week. i was sick with the grody "d" word starting the day we flew back (Saturday) until Tuesdayish. or at least the remnants of it. FYI Pedialyte is NASTY!!! but affective (through this, i have discovered my need of electrolytes...they are quite important) Coinsidently, it was not the Peruvian food that i have to thank for my being sick, nope, in fact it was the good ole American Hamburger, granted i did get it in Peru. Ive learned through this that, though i would order a burger medium-well in the states, i should always order a burger complete and fully WELL DONE!!!! needless to say, i dont believe ill be eating a hamburger any time soon. :)
its quite ridiculous that ive begun my discussion of Peru with something so negative(infact a positive to this is i lost 5lbs, partly to do with the "d" but mostly to do with the constant mountain hikes and lack of apetite due to amount of activity, the food is phenominal there though, fresh and delicious!), but i figure, this post will be at the bottom of all my other posts of peru as i Plan to use pictures to tell of the trip. Too much happens in 10 days to capture in one post.

Peru was AMAZING!!!!

No comments:

new layout