Monday, March 1, 2010

A Lil Lesson of recent times...

The Lord is Good.
Just in case you didnt know that.

He is challenging me in a different and extreme way right now. with my everyday life! (I know, such an extraordinary thought that the Lord would want every second of my life to Glorify Him!) Jeeze. haha
Truth is though, ITS TOUGH! I find my self becoming overwelmed with every challenge. Not because i dont want to change or i dont think He is deserving of my COMPLETE honor, but its simply because the task is daunting.
He has made me aware recently of the fact that whenever i am challenged in an area of my life, whenever the Lord is pressing me to change some area of my life, i have difficulty in what my immediate action is supposed to be. I become rash and, in a sense, "cold turkey" that part of my life. this becomes overwelming and i soon fall, give up, and am unable to see how i could ever really change.
At the root of this is doubt. not in my abilities, but in God's abilities. Its a lie that i now realize i have been believing. ive been replacing God, His truth, His true character, with this lie. God is the one who desires my heart, my all. and with my mouth I claim that I trust Him, but with my life, I profess that i distrust Him. how completely arrogant and hypocritical of me. The Lord is worthy of all my praise, the Lord is the only one in whom my trust can ever be placed with sincere security. And yet i spit in His face. how completely pathetic. it sickens me to think of it.

Im realizing that life is a process. If i look too far ahead, i will throw in the towel and give up because the sight of the journey is too much to bear. I wonder if the Lord ever wanted me to look at the journey in the first place, maybe these freak out moments are how He knows i will continue to need to cling to Him alone.
I think that for now, He just wants me to look at this moment. and this part of the path that He is illuminating. In honoring him today, in ACTIVELY trusting Him today, i will soon see the rest.

Putting this into action is difficult for two reasons, 1. 20 years of thinking and way of life isnt changed over night. 2. I feel as though there is alot that He is calling me to change, and because of that, i still feel slightly overwelmed. I am truly weak, and realizing that He doesnt want me to do this alone, that He wants me to give it to Him and ask him to guide me and show me whats next is what Blows My Mind!!! HE IS OUR STRENGTH. HE IS MY STRENGTH!!!!

I will hold onto the promise of Philipians 1:6. Please pray that He will be glorified by my every breath.

No comments:

new layout