Monday, March 23, 2009

whats an alternator?

I had 4 paychecks that needed to be cashed, a friend who needed a ride to walmart, and some extra time on my hands so i headed to Chipley after my last class (10 am). life was good, i filled my tank and we headed back after our errands were finished. we were about a 1/4 mile from the "Entering Jackson County" sign when my radio shut off, followed by my gas gager(the digital one) my AC temp unit, and lastly my digital compass. In my mind, my thoughts began to go in "what do i do mode, whats the solution?". I decided to pull off the road, turn off my car, let it sit for a second and try to turn it back on. well i pulled off, turned the car off, waited, but when i tried to turn it back on it wouldn't turn on. it just made that annoyingly mocking click sound as if it was laughing at me. its an emotional week for me now plus the fact that i had just gotten out of math class and was already frustrated, so those both combined to make my knee-jerk reaction to put my head on my steering wheel, and try to gather my thoughts as i began to cry. my friend leah was with me and she was like "its ok, we will call someone to come help us, it will be fine." so being the amazing friend she is, she began to make the call to her boyfriend Matt to come get us.
well im crying right cause my car wont even turn on so i can put up my windows, so i didnt want to leave it cause its has important things in it. Then this truck driver who was hauling logs to Graceville stopped off to see if he could help. He took a look at it and diagnosed that it was the alternater, (this is where the title for this blog comes from cause i was out side the car gathering my sanity, when he was telling us it was the alternator we both looked at each other and were like "what the heck is an Alternator?") the nice man couldnt really help us but he offered us a ride or to stop at a mechanic to tell them we were out here. We thanked him and said we had someone on their way.
well Matt's car has issues too, and he couldnt get it to start. (I know, its all crazy) so we just laugh cause thats all we can do, i had been crying and praying and now i was realizing the hilarity of the situation so all i could do was laugh at that point. I then called a friend who has a truck and is pretty good with cars and stuff. He began to make his way to help us. After we secured out ride back to Graceville we began to throw all that was in my car into our bags (really wasnt much, just cd's and stuff that was in my junk box).
Next step, what do do with my car. i used good ole 411 to call for a mechanic in Graceville, found one that was (God is good) less then a MILE from where my car broke down! but i was kinda worried slightly and shaken still cause the mechanic said i would have to get towed to the shop. (back in va, this meant $90 bucks, i dont have $90 bucks but had to get the car there so he made the call for me.) Just after i got off the phone, it was crazy, i began to cry again, (i know, i need to toughin up) I was repeating over and over (in broken tearfilled english) "God will provide, God will proide, God will provide, Lord please provide!"
(second time im crying right, i had stopped for a while) another trucker stopped to help, well actually, it was the same guy from before, he had dropped off his load of loggs so i didnt recognize the Car. He was really nice, he had stopped and got the phone number for a mechanic (ended up being the same one i was working on getting my car to) and i was crying, and laughing, and it was a blessing. I thanked him and he was like "are yall spring breakers?" we told him no, and he was like, "well i see your from VA by your taggs so, just so you know, if you have to stay over night there is a motel right down the road from the mechanics." He said he was from PA, and when he had first moved down here he had taken him a while to get used to the kind hearted small town ppl and wanted to make sure i was ok. He was an angel, i just know it, God totally sent him.
Well, as he was pulling away, my friends Bryan(friend with the truck) and April (Bryans awesome GF) pulled up, and Bryan was like, "call the tow truck back and tell them to not worry bout getting you cause i can just pull you to the mechanic". (THANK YOU LORD!!! FREE TOWING!!!) so i called the mechanic and he called the tower and stopped him from getting me.
We pulled the car to the mechanic and Leah interpretted for me when i began to cry again (REALLY, REALLY i was crying AGAIN!! URG) and we got it all situated. and the part ordered. its about $138 or so. He said the car should be ready by now actually... so im going soon to pick it up.
SILVER LINING TO THE SITUATION!!!!!
it can always be found. My car shut down at a location that was easy to describe (right by a green highway-ish sign) At where it stopped there were beautiful wild flowers that brightened my mood. The day is gorgeous, apprently God wanted me to slow down and enjoy it for a minute. Where i had to stop was only a mile from the mechanic. My friend Leah was with me and God really used her to help me alot. Its not as bad as it could be and it was great timing. I can definitly see the Lord's hand working through it all (i feel like a duffus for crying so much, Hello self! God will take care of you!!!). I think i need to take a class on auto mechanics for dummies.
The Lord is good. Thank you Jehovah Jirah!

No comments:

new layout