Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Updates:
-plans for spring break:
As of now, i will be doing a Dnow in St. Augustine at a friend's church the weekend beginning my spring break. then i am planning to go Chattsworth GA to help out at Global and clean the lodge and whatever else i can help do. These plans may change though (see about "the ticket debacle")
-my history paper of doom
Rough draft is done. took way longer then it should have! Professor has read over it and now i have to go to the writing lab to get some help on it. its due right before break.
-me and missions...?
Ive been praying about, for some time, adding a major or minor in missions. reason being, because Teachers are needed overseas. I know they are needed here too, any who, i am saying YES to whatever God has for me, wether it be that i am to teach in the US or somewhere else in the world. The decision is God's, im just awaiting the command.
-the mission conference(funny story for colby and annie)
Its mission week and our speaker has been a missionary since he was like 18(started with Journey men in Vietnam, during the war mind you, and he was a missionary in Brazil for 17 years, that where this story comes from) He was in UTTER culture SHOCK! (sound familiar Garman's?) and in the language school he was attending there he was placed in the lower bracket of the learning scale(in other words, he was struggling majorly with learning the language) and one day his wife sent him to the store for some milk, but when he got there he had forgotten the word for milk. after much frustration and slightly agitated with the fact that he was having so much trouble trying to get MILK! he finally gestured to the clerk as if he was milking a cow. and TUH-DA, the clerk understood and he got his milk.
-the ticket debacle
May dad called me today. I really dont like Cottondale Florida right now. That is beside the point. Remember that ticket i got the last 20minutes of my 20hour drive. Well i paid the ticket and assumed that it was all taken care of. Apperently though, Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles did not aggree. the DMV found out about my ticket and sent me a letter to my house in Stafford saying that since i am not 20 yet and got a ticket i have to complete an 8hour driving course by June of this year. Not gonna lie, i cried. I called the DMV in Virginia to fully understand and see what could be worked out because im not going to be able to return to Virginia until December. They said i could apply for an extention. or if Florida offers an 8 hour driver improvement clinic then i can go to that. Florida only offers a 6 hour class, Virginia wont except that. (ill stay the extra two hours!!). so now im trying to figure out what to do. with this situation, i just dont like being reminded of my irresponsibility. its frustrating.
-weekend in samson al
There was a shooting in Samson last week. 11 people were killed and some were injured. I went with a group from BCF to help a church there pass out fliers and Prayer Walk the town making sure that those that needed someone to talk to would know where to go.
-training for disaster relief-ing
This weekend i am planning on going with a group from my school to take a Disaster Relief Training class. im excited and nervous....

My midterm today went well. i still have one more, its next thursday. tis fun!

Jason and Tracee, i came across a lil blurb in my math book the other day while i was doing my homework, it was a lovely surprise (James 1:2-3) thank you!

No comments:

new layout