Thursday, August 7, 2008

its kinda long, God bless you if you actually read it!

hey there all. k so for those who dont know i have completed my summer with GLOBAL YOUTH MINISTRY!!! WOOT WOOT!!! i loved it! if you have been reading my blogs then you know a couple of the things that happened over the summer. it was awesome in so many ways.
I really feel that God used this summer to show me that He can use me. i remember that at the begining of the summer, i just felt that i hadnt been broken last year. and i wanted that this time. i wanted to focus more on the kids then myself, i wanted to listen more and pray more. God used this summer, to help me do just that. He broke me for these kids and he really showed me the power of prayer, of just simply asking God to do something, and He totally came through. even though i ate the FUNK (Foods of Unusually Nasty Kinds: fed to the loosing team by the winning team) a grand total of 4 times, i still know that it was the best time ever! God really stretched me in alot of ways.

Now im in Tallahassee Florida staying with a friend from staff for the week. my school is only about 1 1/2hrs away from here so im staying the week with her and then she is graciously taking me to school on monday. just in this i can see God and His amazingness! at the beginning of the summer when i left stafford, i had no idea what was gonna happen to me when the summer was over, i hadnt purchased a ticket home, i hadnt had a definite plan at all as to what i was gonna do for this week between global and school, and God was just like, "Trust me" and i did, and i barely even thought about it, i asked Kelsey about 2 weeks into camps if i could stay with her and the rest is history, im here and am so grateful to her and her family for all they have done for me.

so i took my computer to Staples, they took about less then five minutes to decide that my DC adapter in the computer was broken, then told me that it would cost almost $400 for the repair, i walked out of there feeling like i had been shot in the gut. Kelsey called her dad who knows alot about computers and such and he refered us to another place, we stopped there and the guy there said that they could fix it for between $90-$175 depending on if it would take 1 or 2 hours to fix. hopefully it will be ready by the weekend, or monday since i leave tally on monday. but im so excited because EVERYWHERE i turn i see God's blessings and protection and just reassurence that im doing the right thing. that i am following his plan. its a crazy awesome roller coaster ride! i have my ups and downs, but the ups make all the downs worth it, and i just am amazed at God's love for me and how really undeserving of it that i am!

oh and another plus, Kelsey has a pool at her house, anyone that knows me should know that i love swimming, i love water, i love it all! so i am loving the pool!!!!

k i think im done for now. ill have to post some stories of the summer later.... but that was my super long update of the week!

oh and the next time i will be in stafford, if it can happen, will be in December.

k love you all peace!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

new layout