Friday, August 15, 2008

I GOT A JOB!!!!!

good news. God totally rocked at finding me a job. i was real discouraged when i got here and found out from students that it was REALLY hard to find a job available on campus since it is so small and everyone is returning students that already hold the jobs. i didnt fully realize this truth until i actually walked around to the dif. departments and searched for open possitions. there were none. but as i was searching, i came across a bullitin board(i love those things) and remembering from movies or watev that there is a possibility that someone would post job openings on it i searched the board and came across a job that if you know me, pretty much says what i do back home with alot of the church families, its 3 miles away, not a bad distance, im borrowing will hilers bicycle for the semester or until i can afford my own. but what it is is i am helping a mom who is prego with her third kid and is on bed rest until she pops. so like house work and watchin the other two kids when they get off of school or helping with homework, the two boys are 8 and 4. im SOO excited. the only thing left to settle about the job is that she wants me to meet the boys and the fam and work out the details but im excited! and my class load is not bad at all and i am excited that this semester i get to knock out my least fav. subjects. biology and geometry. and i dont have to take and remedial classes cause my test scores from the SOL's were high enough, stafford peeps, ive never been so happy to have gone through those, what i thought as dumb, tests!

k that was alot of mumbo jumbo to say that i heart school!!!
and i might need to use some of you as references if thats ok. like jen clifton, or jen davis, or tracee, or annie, or rebecca wire or cindy jessup or anyone else i can think of.
God has shown me so much of his faithfullness just in this last 24 HOURS that im just so blown away.
oh and i now have internet in my dorm. and ive made some friends. and for anyone that wants to know i shall post my class schedule, i wonder if any BCF alumni know any of my teachers...
monday/wednesday/friday:
geometry @ 9am with William McArthur
History @ 1:30pm with John Shaffett
Mondays only:
Biology @ 3pm with (they havent told me yet....and im so glad its only one day a week!!!!)
Tuesday/Thursday
English @ 8:30 with Richard Carroll
Fundamentals of Spiritual Formation @ 1:30pm with Dr. Jumper(this is the one i am most excited about!)
yeah but thats just some of my life, oh and ill post pics of my dorm, its a BIG room, im surprised at the amount of space i have, i feel like its bigger then my room at home,and i share a bathroom with only ONE person! this is SOOOOOO much better then Liberty! (sorry tanja, colby and annie)
oh and someone should tell my dad that believe it or not, ive kept my stuff clean AND organized!!!
k love you all peace!!
oh indo peeps! i want to hear stories, please blog your experiences ill def be lookin at them!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I would be glad to provide a reference for you!! They would very lucky to have such a wonderfuly sitter. We sure do miss you and your happy self. I am glad to see you have settled in and are so excited.

Unknown said...

How awesome. God has such big plans for you. The kids, mom, and dad are so blessed to have you entering their life and they don't even know it yet. WOW. It gives me chills because I know that their lives will forever be changed for the better. Love you and miss you bunches.

Cindynlow said...

We'd definitely vouch for your superior sitter skills! So happy to hear about how well things are starting for you at the college formerly known as FBTC.

Have you noticed the townhouses next to the college? Our old address was 1116 Sanders Avenue, Apt. E-2. What fond memories we have from that time...I'm sure you will have many of your own. That was also the address of Mark and Melanie Hall just before us. Bill met Mark after a class they had together because we were still getting their mail.

Blog Archive

new layout