Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Currently car-less due to the fact that my car is not fixed yet, and having had friend withdraw of my dear friend Liz, I decided to go to church with her this day.

I really need to seek the Lord on what to do this semester about church. I love New Prospect, the people and the teaching. I don't want to leave there, but i don't have a peace about staying either (that sounds so, i don't know, excuse like? not meaning for it too, its just the truth). much to pray about in that. I truthfully dont know my place at New Prospect and admit that I dont believe ive put for my best effort to do so, or know how to do so. its so much easier when you have attended a church for years (i know, not meant to be easy, its stepping out the comfort zone that is needed). you know your place, you know the people well and how you can work with each other better. you understand where you are needed or are at least able to see the neeeds clearer.
I dont know, i think its me. i think this is a kink that the Lord is wanting to work out in me, but i dont know what the next step should be. I've requested Wednesday's off this semester. Hoping to be more proactive about my involvement at Church.
(any advice would be greatly appreciated, becky.castle@baptistcollege.edu )

Sunday was a good day though, we helped in the nursery, then came back to the dorm and got lunch and i had an awesome long convo with my RD, Lo. hung out in my room with my roomie getting settled in...and then we made dinner and quacamole and watched a movie, fyi, dont watch "A Beautiful Mind" if your looking for a comedy. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt lighthearted.
that was my sunday....
went and played QUELF at Mike's house. Pelt fam, you should check this game out. its from the makers of Cranium and its a totally goofy, step outside the box game. you have to do things like sit under a table for an entire round, or act out something ridiculous. its not in any way shape or form like Settlers of Catan, its deffinitely more of a light hearted, not so competitive, relaxed, fun game night kinda game.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

haha why is it that i keep finding people are wanting something fun to watch for an evening movie and instead watch "A Beautiful Mind"? haha. that happened to michele. *i* loved it though. what did you think?

new layout