Sunday, February 16, 2014

Am I able? Will I fail?

Am I able? Will I fail? 
February 11, 2014

Worry and fear will cripple you.  An old lesson that i clearly continue to face, and desperately pray I will be able to respond differently toward with each new encounter 
It was a daunting fear mingled with excitement that day in the summer of '07. In a different country and faced by the prospect of hiking to the summit of a mountain, my mind raced. thrilled to embark on an adventure, in another country, in nature, at the youthfully fresh age of 18. yet thoughts of fear threatened to steal my gaze from the thrill, dwelling instead on the task with dread. not quite at my heaviest at that point, because over that summer i had lost at least 15lbs, i was still obese and woefully out of shape. Especially compared to my team, which consisted of 5 athletes, and myself. And there I was, at a cross roads of making the decision to be locked into being controlled by fear, or facing the challenge and pressing forward.  How would I know my limits unless I tried? Who by simply staring at a mountain actually succeeded in reaching the summit? 

It's the same with facing fears.
Is the Lord calling you to do something you feel completely inadequate for? Do you fear failure? 

Facing your fears knowing Who, namely the Lord,is leading you will surely end in victory. He will not call us to a task that He will not provide strength and grace to accomplish. We are called to walk by faith and trust Him for the results. 

"Self, Take it one step at a time. One decision at a time. Just one moment at a time. 
Repent of your worry and fear, humbly acknowledge that He is in control and that you need Him, then simply press on in obedience with the next task. Worry not about what others my think or say, be only concerned with the opinion of God Almighty. He is Worthy. 
Sincerely, 
The burnt dreamer crying out for healing 

No comments:

new layout