Monday, October 13, 2008

stretching steps

i have been learning that i am susceptible to addiction. addiction is only good when addicted to Jesus. so in attempt to refocus and see if I have discipline, i decided to take a break from a few things.
this wednesday marks a month with-out dessert, candy, chocolate, or anything like that. you might think I'm strange for having gone without this. and on thursday, i will be beginning a 30 day absence from Facebook.com
as a college student, facebook is a fact of life. but if not careful, it can get in the way. as i believe it has begun to get in the way of school, and of my relationship with Christ.
It has come to my attention that the choices i make now will affect my future. i hope that the decisions i am makeing now will help shape my future in a way that will Glorify the Lord.

last thought. it seems to me that conviction comes without warning. something that you have thought to be right all your life may bring conviction if you are truly seeking the Lord. thats happened alot recently in my life. clearing off my stage is difficult. and there are things that have become idols in my life that i am not happy about. this is my time to change. this day and everyday, for as long as it takes, i will clear off the stage of my life.

if confused, here is a song by Ross King that ill explain all. "clear the stage"
Clear the stage and set the sound and lights ablaze
If that's the measure that it takes to crush the idols.
Chuck the pews and all the decorations too
Until the congregations few then have revival.
Tell your friends that this is where the party ends
until you're broken for your sins you can't be social.
Then seek the Lord and wait for what he has in store
and know that great is your reward and just be hopeful
Cause you can sing all you want to.
Yes you can sing all you want to
you can sing all you want to
And don't get me wrong, worship is more than a song.
Take a break from all the plans that you made
And sit at home alone and wait for God to whisper.
Beg Him please to open up his mouth and speak
And pray for real upon your knees until they blister.
Shine the light on every corner of your life
Until the pride and lust and lies are in the open.
Then read the word and put to test the things you've heard
Until your heart and soul are stirred and rocked and broken.
Cause you can sing all you want to.
Yes you can sing all you want to
you can sing all you want to
And don't get me wrong, worship is more than a song.
Anything I put before my God is an idol.
Anything I want with all my heart is an idol.
Anything I can't stop thinking of is an idol.
Anything that I give all my love is an idol.
We must not worship something that's not even worth it.
Clear the stage and make some space for the one who deserves it.
Cause I can sing all I want to.
Yes I can sing all I want to
I can sing all I want to
And still get it wrong, worship is more than a song.
And you can sing all you want to.
Yes you can sing all you want to
You can sing all you want to
But don't get me wrong, worship is more than a song.

No comments:

Blog Archive

new layout