Monday, June 30, 2008

just an fyi

i woke up thursday morning, at about 7am, needing to be out of the room and at a meeting by 7:15, i was lookin in the mirror and decided to trim my bangs, (side note, why are they called bangs? if you know then please impart your wisdom)

any who, so i grabbed my scissors and with out really thinkin about it i trimmed my hair. cut off a good six inches from my bangs, shaped them around my face a bit. not too shabby i must say now i did trim them with dry hair, so later that day when my hair was wet i completed the trim by snippin the last of the straggling hairs. it was fun.

1 comment:

A Daily Dose of Grace said...

Your hair looks great! I was curious about the origin of bangs after reading your post. So being the nerd that I am, I googled it.

Here's what I found at www.word-detective.com:

"Bangs" are so-called because they are created by cutting the hair "bang- off," abruptly and straight across the forehead. And finally, at the risk of offending our bang-coiffed readers, I must tell you that "bangs" as a young lady's hairstyle almost certainly originated with the practice of cutting horses' tails straight across, a style known to this day as a "bang-tail."

So, there ya go. :)

new layout