Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wrecked (gloriously)

Wrecked (in a glorious way) by the truth, the Bible. And by the words of 1 Chron. 10, seeing how seriously God hates sin.
Saul was King and he and his army had been defeated, he was wounded and he asks his armor-bearer to kill him because in pride he didn't want to give his enemy the opportunity to slay him. The servant would not, for fear. (yet he ends his own life after Saul kills himself). And from there, Israel scatters and the philistines are rejoicing and praising their false gods over the victory. (unbeknownst to them, God enabled them this victory because of the disobedience of Saul. They were being used in the one true God's plan. Their idols were still as worthless and dead as they were before). -I wonder how often I have given credit to another for what was really God's providence...too often to count, and yet once is too often.-
And the sin of one man has a ripple affect all over, from the farthest reaches-the ways you cannot see- to the most intimate of relationships and to the core- your relationship with the Lord.
(Have you been WRECKED by the realization that your sin separates you from the one and only, holy, Triune God?)
Wrecked knowing my pride is not far removed from that of King Saul's. Wrecked knowing Christ died, took on the wrath of the Father, on my pridefully wicked behalf.
Sweetly broken.
Held together by His grace.

And my mind is boggled upon these thoughts- continuously when the vision of my sin and the depth of grief I've caused- of how my thoughts and actions have grieved the Spirit, and yet His grace flows and forgiveness abounds. And it's in these times when it is made more clearly- His grace is not to be abused or ill-treated. it is to be treasured, cherished. And infinitely more than that, Jesus is to be treasured, cherished, honored, glorified.

Wrecked thinking about the multiple times of seeking guidance from everywhere else but God, forgetting that "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ- by grace you have been saved..." (Eph. 2:4-5)
And I forget that? And i somehow think anything or anyone else could actually be a sufficient guide to anything or everything in life? I actually think that "created" would know more than "creator"?
Wrecked of my foolishness. So beautifully coming to understand, by His grace-which has saved me- I breathe each breath. (And it's all for His glory) and it's by His grace I am able to be wrecked. Able to see And praise Him for enabling me to see these things and understand more of this truth- I need Christ, He is ALL I need. And it's from this need that my heart is set in Him, and my mouth flows with praise to Him, and I can thank Him in all circumstances. I can seek Him for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. I can peacefully trust He is sovereign and His grace is beautiful. He is beautiful. And when something is beautiful, you don't throw it away or stomp it in the ground. Like flowers or a beautiful piece of art, you display it where all can see! You cherish it with your heart and that will be seen in your speech and in your actions.

(Jesus is all YOU need! Do you believe that?)

No comments:

new layout