Thursday, June 10, 2010

B.

FYI: the letters as blog titles, thats cause i never know what to put on the Title line.

Well, i have been back in stafford for 3 weeks now. I've finished my observation hours for my summer class and have now officially started my internship with Pillar Church.
I have not found a flow or routine, but then again, most of the time its routine for me to not have a routine.
after a relaxing weekend with Brittany and Momma Shaw, including Itty Bitty City with Kristen Marks, Babysitting the Pelts, , the Toole's going away party, a movie night with my mom and Momma Shaw church at Pillar Dumfries and Locust Grove, BLITZ with Kristen and sleep :) my favorite things!

Funny story: Monday, i walked Brittany's dog Kitty. during the walk, it got boring and i wanted to run. Kitty is not the brightest dog in the world and she is just as ADD and crazy as Brittany. As I began to run, she couldnt figure out what was going on. she ran with me, but instead of staying to my side she was running in front of me, stopping ever few seconds and looking back at me, thinking i was playing with her, causing me to TRIP over her! Constantly!
then she would spaz out and run backwords freaking out. it was humorous but most def. was not good for the purpose of jogging!

I have my first day alone at the coffee shop tomorrow. i think everyone should come out and say hello! ill be there from 6:30am-2pm.

Internship is fun, trying to think through every possible little detail is sometimes crazy... praying i dont mess up :) We have a church group coming up from Exmore, Va. they will be hosting a Back Yard Bible Club for a neighborhood in Dumfries on behalf of Pillar. they will also be helping out at CWAC with promotional things, and with Pillar's Yard Sale fundraiser for the upcoming Mission trips to Torronto and Indonesia. i think my favorite part of them coming is the Church Planting classes they will be attending. these classes were formed by the Pillar team, i believe, and are designed to train them to be "church planter minded."
The Lord has great plans for this summer and for Pillar.
I've already begun to realize that this summer is 100% different then the past 3 summers working on camp staff's.
  1. there's is not a set, intense, minute-by-minute schedule.
  2. the amount of Bible intake in a camp setting is drastically more then you encounter in everyday life unless you REALLY discipline it.
  3. Camp is in God's creation, so beautiful, you are surrounded by it. you must purpose that time in everyday life.
  4. Camp is ACTIVE! extremely! you must discipline yourself for this in everyday life.
  5. access to a pool is much easier at camp.
  6. Cost of living is cheaper at camp. you must budget for food and gas money and living.
  7. Im out of the Christian Bubble that BCF and Camp has.

Looking at this list, i can say that i know for sure this is where God wanted me. here are my reasons:

  1. I have prayed to learn discipline because it is something i Lack. discipline in all aspects of life. Having to Budget, set aside time for the Lord, and exercise is a reality when these things are not already planned for you, thus this forces me out of my zone and well, puts me to the test. Can i do this? Not without the Lord, thats for sure.
  2. You can take for granted the Word of God when you have unlimited, unhindered access to it. my summer's up to this point have been 2-3 sermons a day everyday with 3 bible studies. for 8-10 weeks. My faith up to this point has been largely influenced by this. I dont believe this is bad entirely, but i do believe that it is entirely good either. I have to know that i know what I believe and why I believe it. Just as when having a heavy does of Bible and Biblical intellect daily for 2 1/2 months would stretch and grow your faith, so must this 2 1/2 months of my life. but I must work for this now. no more being spoon fed.
  3. I live in Virginia, and while the inclines of our dear Appalacian mountains are small in comparison to that of the Rocky's or the Andes', we still have the blessing of God's creation. I look forward to enjoying it at some point. the fact still remains that Virginia is more above sea level then Florida, I plan on enoying it as much as possible!
  4. for years i have admired and followed the example of the Godly men and women of Stafford Baptist, Pillar of Dumfries, and now Pillar of Locust Grove. God has blessed me to now work along side them in ministry. Pretty stinkin sweet if you ask me!!
  5. Finally, the Lord has and is using this time to remind me of the calling He has placed on my life. and of the Goal i am working towards. Goal in mind, i will press on :)

No comments:

new layout